Barton-le-Clay is a village in Bedfordshire with Luton to the south and Bedford to the north and has good road links with the M1 and A1 close by. St Nicholas Church dates back to 1180 with its perpendicular ashlar stone and cobbles tower added in approximately 1450.
The village has some delightful historic houses and cottages in contrast to the newer developments built in the 1960s and the bypass infill in the 1990s.
Barton Springs, a tranquil area just beyond St Nicholas Church and at the foot of Barton Hills, is a place where locals can enjoy a beautiful natural spring, which marks the start of the chalk stream river. The area is known for the pasque flower or Pulsatilla vulgaris to give its Latin name, which can be found in abundance in the early Spring.
Barton-Le-Clay has the benefit of many local amenities including a village hall, doctors’ surgery, bank, chemist, Post Office, opticians, veterinary hospital as well as Ramsey Manor School, Arnold Middle School and Orchard Independent Nursery and School.
We’re pleased to offer local expert knowledge of the housing stock in this pretty part of Bedfordshire. Please contact us for a quotation.
Read some of our testimonials. Don’t take our word for it. Read what our customers are saying.
Find out more about Bedfordshire and take a look at some of our example surveys by clicking on the icons below